I can’t help but smirk when my parent’s discuss their children’s dating life. My father always starts off by complaining about one of my sister’s and my self’s partner and then goes into flashbacks of “I liked (insert name here”) and my mother returning a frowned response with “what’s the matter with you!” meaning the guy was a complete jerk. My father is clueless. I’m not particularly the sharing type about my relationships when im in them, usually the behind the scenes look comes when it all went to Hell in a gift-wrapped basket. This conversation between my divorced parents made me flashback to some of the men I’ve had the experience of crossing paths with; shall we walk down memory lane?
1. The Irish (aka The Lover not a Fighter) : I’m a sucker for Irish men but this was not a “PS I LOVE YOU story.” This was a handsome charming Irish man with a name I couldn’t pronounce to save my life. He was intriguing but full disclosure was not his forte, it was his ex whom he was apparently still sleeping with. I had no intentions of being the dirty mistress so needless to say it didn’t work out. He was older than me but ironically I was the adult in that scenario and told him to take a hike.
2. Art (aka The Casual Dater): I was never really that serious with Art, we went on a few dates, had a lot in common but he was looking for “one of the guys” kind of gal, not the “Jessie’s girl” gal. If the ball cap doesn’t fit…well you get the idea.
3. Goa Stalker (aka The Addict): The one my father liked. I dated Goa Stalker for a few years, sure I could almost hear the wedding bells if he hadn’t been such a pot head, pill popping wash it down with liquor with a snort of cocaine for desert kind of guy. Not to mention the ankle bracelet that limited our outings putting a damper on things, imagine that. Plus the sex was terrible. So the one my dad approved of “hes nice, laid back, I like good ol Goa” was the most dysfunctional of them all that I have dated! He still lives with his mother too! Mommas Boy! Oh did I mention he’s a stalker, I had to change my phone number, change my address and block him in cyber world. I was moments away from a restraining order, still considering it.
4. Wolf (aka No Strings Attached ): This was the one I didn’t plan on falling for, but did. We briefly had a thing over the summer, after my demise with Goa Stalker, so it was great to be able to know what smiling felt like again. I got caught up in his passion, he could do no wrong in my eyes, I just wanted to be his. He was easy to get lost in, but that was the problem, I had fallen but no one was there to catch me. I really loved this one but it just wasn’t in the cards I guess, he seemed to lean more towards the girls who didn’t know what they wanted, lost causes. It was nice while it lasted. I dated one guy after him then gave up on dating.
5. Converse (aka The Wild One): This is the one that I met while in my protest against dating. I had been enjoying the single life and had no intentions on taking up dating again, but fate or something like that had other plans along with a sense of humor. This good-looking Irish man was all sorts of rugged with a tall stature to forecast a shadow over my small frame, but I didn’t mind staring up into those green mischievous eyes. Ironically his friends tried to block him from getting my number but he was resourceful and was able to get a hold of me, and it was all over from then on. I quickly fell in love with this charming party boy. He fit the profile, tall, Irish, green eyes, artistic, wild, etc… I didn’t have a chance. Haha, im glad though, it was the best decision my heart ever made.
These are just a few snip its from my dating experiences although I took the liberty of nicknames because Im nice like that. So how about yours? Share an experience.